Cummins Onsite Apprentice 2024 – KwaZulu-Natal
Cummins Company Durban is a subsidiary of Cummins Inc., a global leader in power generation, power systems, and engine manufacturing. Located in the vibrant city of Durban, South Africa, Cummins Company Durban serves as a hub for delivering top-notch products, services, and solutions to customers in the region.
With a strong presence in the automotive, industrial, and power sectors, it offers a wide range of engines, power systems, components, and aftermarket support. These products are known for their reliability, efficiency, and durability, meeting the diverse needs of industries such as mining, agriculture, construction, transportation, and more
We are looking for a talented APPRENTICE to join our team specializing in SERVICE for our DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS SEGMENT in DURBAN, KWAZULU-NATAL, SOUTH AFRICA.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Opportunity to obtain a nationally recognized and fully qualified Cummins Diesel Fitter qualification
- Gain practical experience and earn while you learn with a global leader in engine technology
- Bring your enquiring mind for resolving common technical engine problems
- Contribute your enthusiasm, determination, positive attitude to an Apprentice Diesel Fitter role, that will grow your career!
- Receive structured multi-functional on the job training and work under the supervision of a qualified Cummins Technician, you will receive exposure that comes with the diagnosis and repair of Cummins engines and products
- Gain experience in working on a range of our world class Cummins engines by disassemble, clean, inspect, troubleshoot and reassemble engines and other workshop activities
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Minimum Qualification – Matric and Technical N2 (Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawings and Diesel Trade Theory/Motor Trade Theory), OR Technical N3 (Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawings and Diesel Trade Theory/Motor Trade Theory / Mechanotechnology OR Technical N4 (Mathematics, Engineering Science, Mechanical Draughting and Mechanothechnics).
- The ability to work well in a team
- Communicates effectively by delivering communication that provides a clear understanding
- A strong focus on Health, Safety & Environment
Primary Location: South Africa-Kwazulu-Natal-Durban-South Africa, Durban, Cummins Distributor
Job Type: Shop
Recruitment Job Type : Technician
Job Posting : Oct 18, 2023, 12:52:03 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization :Distribution Business
Role Category: Onsite
Relocation Package: Ineligible
Req ID: 23000A67
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Benefits Of Working At Cummins
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
What To Note
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Cummins has been made aware that there are a number of scams that take advantage of job seekers in a variety of ways. Depending on the scam, scammers look to collect confidential information to use for identity theft or try to get money from job seekers during the recruitment process. Cummins will never ask for money during the application, recruitment, or on-boarding process. To learn more about the most common job scams, tips on how to avoid being scammed and federal reporting procedures, please visit consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams.