Fruit & Veg General Assistant, Food Lover’s Market, Pretoria
Montana, Gauteng. Start date: ASAP. 8 hrs p/shift
Work schedule: 6 shifts per week. TBC p/month
- Experience: General Assistant
- Experience: Minimum 1 years’ experience as a general assistant in the warehouse environment
- Yard and equipment housekeeping.
- Ensure safe storage of all equipment in yard.
- Remove 3rd party equipment from warehouse and prepare for return.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding accuracy expectations and productivity minimums as directed by Operations Management.
- Operates safety sensitive and heavy equipment such as, but not limited to, forklifts, pallet jacks and flat bed carts in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, or property damage.
- Performs a daily stock count on all equipment.
- Ensure the pre-determined equipment pool is maintained so there is no loss of productivity.
- Performs pre-inspections and post-inspections of all equipment before and after use.
- Ensures security of company assets.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment always.
- Performs any other equipment related duties as required by Operations.
- Use your numeric skills for tasks like counting and basic calculations.
- Bring a positive attitude to the workplace, contributing to a pleasant team atmosphere.
- Thrive under pressure, ensuring tasks are completed efficiently during busy periods.
- Demonstrate your physical strength by lifting heavy objects safely.
- Work in a hot environment, maintaining your stamina and focus.
More about this job
We are looking for a General Assistant to join our team! A General Assistant must ensure that equipment is received, stored and maintained in a correct manner. This position reports directly to the Supervisor and the Manager and will be required to work different shifts across trading and non-trading hours, including Sundays and Public Holiday.
About Food Lover’s Market
Shopping is as much about the experience as it is about the things you buy. Food Lover’s Market, has taken this principle to heart, recreating the ambience of a fresh marketplace in a modern theatre-of-food setting. Visiting one of our stores truly is an experience like no other.
The group has grown to include many partners, such as Food Lover’s Eatery – a deli extension of the brand offering ready to eat meal offerings; FreshStop, the fresh convenience store; Market Liquors and Diamond Discount Liquors, our alcohol brand and Seattle Coffee Company, our coffee partner.
Food Lover’s Market‘s supplier partners include Dried Fruit for All, leaders in their industry and supplier dried fruit, fresh and roasted nuts, our famous Christmas cake mix and much more; and FVC International – the largest importer and export of fresh produce in South Africa.