Maersk Procurement Graduate Program 2024
Location: Cape Town
Would you like to be part of a value-driven, commercially oriented international environment where we enable global trade every day? Maersk is looking for a Graduate to join their Ocean Procurement team based in Cape Town, reporting into the Africa Ocean Procurement management team.
What is on Offer
As a Graduate for Ocean Procurement Africa Region, you will work together with a diverse team of professionals within the Africa Region. You will get the opportunity to hone your skills and build a network which is key to your personal and professional growth. The 1-year Maersk Procurement graduate program is designed to guarantee maximum exposure to the global logistics business; teach key negotiation strategies and techniques; and update you on the latest technologies available in procurement worldwide.
Maersk Graduate program will equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role in our team and establish a long-term career. At Maersk, we promote internal mobility across functions and continents, and career growth is not a question of if, but when. By the end of the year, we hope to have you join our international and diverse office in Cape Town either as part of the procurement team or in any other department within Maersk operations. Maersk Graduate Program offers you world-class training and mentorship from senior industry leaders. The Program at a glance:
Structured learning: The program is structured to allow you to experience the procurement function fully, as well as develop your skills in negotiation, strategic thinking, data mining and basic understanding of contracts, among others.
Coaching and mentoring: You will receive on-the-job training, coaching and guidance from senior business leaders, influencers, and mentors throughout your journey with us. They will provide you with continuous feedback so that you can improve your skills, take on new experiences, and unleash your potential.
- Assess market trends, conduct data mining and analytics to determine cost-saving project opportunities
- Participate in brainstorming and sparring sessions to define negotiation strategies and project management frameworks
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support in negotiations and day to day operational contingencies
- Prepare and update contract documentation to ensure consistency in all communication to stakeholders
- Support the coordination, implementation, and performance management of suppliers
- Propose processes improvement ideas through digitization and automation
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in Supply Chain and Logistics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering or Law
- South African national
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Ability to act as per Maersk values: Humbleness, Uprightness and Constant Care
- Curiosity and Can-do attitude
- High numerical and problem solving skills
Maersk is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we embrace different styles of thinking. Maersk is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or parental leave, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Headquartered in Cape Town with offices in Port Elizabeth, Durban, East London and Johannesburg, Maersk South Africa (Pty) Ltd. has been connecting South African businesses to key markets around the world since 1992, via a comprehensive road and rail network that joins seamlessly with our global ocean fleet.
Maersk has the expertise, global presence and local knowledge to get your cargo to its destination on time – wherever in the world that happens to be.
How To Apply
Click the link below to apply.
Follow SA Youths on Social Media Channels To Receive Daily Opportunities