Mastercard Associate Consultant Intern, Summer 2024 – Johannesburg, South Africa
Mastercard is a leading global technology company in the payments industry. With its innovative solutions, Mastercard connects consumers, businesses, governments, and financial institutions around the world, enabling secure, efficient, and inclusive transactions.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our clients grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global client base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Make an Impact as an Associate Consultant Intern
As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world’s biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions. Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more.
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
• Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
• Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard’s structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard’s values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
• Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities
• Undergraduate with a target graduation date between Dec 2024 – August 2025
• Outstanding record of academic achievement
• Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Experience using data analysis or querying tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, Excel or Tableau) is an asset (particularly for Performance Analytics or Business Experimentation tracks).
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• • Citizenship Requirement: Applicants for this position must be a citizen of South Africa in order to be considered for this role.
Benefits of working at Mastercard
Working at Mastercard provides numerous benefits and advantages. Here are some notable ones:
1. Global Opportunities: With its extensive presence worldwide, Mastercard offers employees the opportunity to work in a global and diverse environment. This provides a chance for personal and professional growth by collaborating with diverse teams and understanding various cultures.
2. Innovation and Technology: As a cutting-edge technology company, Mastercard consistently invests in innovation and encourages employees to develop new ideas and solutions. Working at Mastercard means being part of a dynamic environment that embraces technology advancements and fosters creativity.
3. Career Development: Mastercard is committed to the growth and development of its employees. The company offers various training programs, mentorship opportunities, and career advancement prospects. Employees can benefit from continuous learning and skill-building initiatives to enhance their professional growth.
4. Inclusive Work Culture: Mastercard values diversity and inclusion in its workplace. It promotes an inclusive environment where individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives can thrive and contribute their unique talents and skills.
Lead clients through sound decision making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational challenges, spanning across diverse topics including product, marketing, loyalty, innovation, and more. Apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve overall performance and operations.