MISA TECHNICAL BURSARY SCHEME FOR 2024 ACADEMIC YEAR – targeting needy South African students
The MISA Technical Bursary Scheme is targeting needy South African students who are studying or intend studying towards technical professions in the built environment. One of the primary functions of MISA is to contribute towards building the technical capacity of municipalities to undertake efficient infrastructure planning, delivery, operations and maintenance. MISA strives for excellence in developing a pipeline of Built Environment professionals in Local Government.
MISA TECHNICAL BURSARY SCHEME ADVERT FOR 2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
The Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) is a government component, accountable to the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (Cogta), established in terms of Section 7(s) (c) Schedule 3 of the Public Service Act of 1994 (as amended). One of the primary functions of MISA is to contribute towards building the technical capacity of municipalities to undertake efficient infrastructure planning, delivery, operations, and maintenance.
MISA strives for excellence in developing a pipeline of Built Environment professionals in Local Government and is hereby inviting applications for bursaries from interested individuals who wish
to undertake undergraduate academic studies in the following fields:
Discipline/Study Field Universities Universities of Technology
TVET College Total Per Discipline
Project and Construction
Management / studies
Urban and Regional Planning /
Town and Regional Planning
Whilst the opportunity is not exclusively limited to individuals from previously disadvantaged communities, MISA will give preference to qualifying candidates from rural areas as well as households with a combined total annual household income of less than R600 000. MISA is an equal opportunity employer, therefore, people with disability, youth from previously disadvantaged are encouraged to apply.
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 12 / Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Grade 12 / Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most academic records, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Last year’s academic tertiary results if a continuing student (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance if a new learner entering tertiary studies (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence and enrolment form, if already studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Total annual household income of less than R600 000 (submit affidavit by parent(s) or guardian (s) and or proof of parents’ income (payslips) or Affidavit of unemployed parents.
- Your financial record/statement of your account by your institution of higher learning.
Enquiries: Application forms may be downloaded from www.misa.gov.za / www.cogta.gov.za or may be requested via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KINDLY NOTE THAT DUE TO A HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
For Enquiries contact Ms Nobuhle Latha on 012 848 5529 or Ms Thulisile Mosoeu on 012 848 5515
All completed applications together with relevant documents must be submitted at email@example.com quoting the relevant required discipline/ study field for the attention of Ms. Nobuhle Latha or Ms. Thulisile Mosoeu. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the applications not being considered.
Closing date: 31 December 2023
No faxed, hand delivered or postal applications will be considered.
How To Apply
Check the links below for applications: