PPS Foundation Bursary Programme for South Africans
The PPS Foundation bursary application portal has now opened for the 2024 academic year. The application process will close on Monday, 15 January 2024.
Before you start the application
Please have the following documentation available:
Certified copy of ID(Not older than 3 months).
Proof of household income affidavit from parents if unemployed/payslip if employed or death certificate if deceased.
Certified Matric Certificate.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must be SA citizens with a government-issued ID Book or card.
- In line with the Founder’s Transformation agenda, preference is given to historically disadvantaged, financially deserving individuals (African, Coloured, Indian).
- Preference is given to applicants studying towards a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) degree -which are considered scarce and critical both within the financial sector and more broadly across the country.
- A proportion of the funding may be provided to Humanities students (up to a maximum of 15% of the funding available).
- Funding is provided to applicants whose household income is from R0- R600 000 per annum.
- Only applicants studying or enrolled at public SA institutions of higher learning will qualify (universities and universities of technology).
- Qualifying applicants are funded from first year through to Honours level.
- PPS Foundation strives to fund all qualifying students comprehensively, including tuition, books, accommodation and meals at the selected, official university residence.
- It is a condition of the PPS Bursary/Sponsorship for all successful first year students to attend on-campus contact support sessions as facilitated by PPS Foundation from time to time.
- All recipients of the PPS Bursary/Sponsorship are required to submit their statement of academic results at the end of each semester as soon as these are available. Failure to do so may result in fees being withheld.
- I hereby agree and specifically give consent to the PPS Foundation, for purposes of processing, including but not limited to, obtaining, sharing, and retaining records of my personal information relating to this application.
Before proceeding onto the application form, kindly ensure that you have the following documents
Certified ID Copy
Current academic year proof of registration
Salary slips/ affidavit regarding unemployment etc
University Financial Statement from student finance
Proforma invoices for books
Lease agreements for private accommodation