South African Civil Aviation Authority(SACAA) Flight Inspector Traineeships (Midrand)
FIU FLIGHT INSPECTOR TRAINEE (MIDRAND)
Reference Number: FIU23
Description: South African Civil Aviation Authority(SACAA) Flight Inspector Traineeships (Midrand)
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The Flight inspector trainee will be trained to perform flight inspecting and calibrating air navigation systems to ICAO standards and recommended practices in order to ensure flight safety in the air aviation sector.
Train in-Flight inspection mission planning
- Preparation of flight inspection missions.
- Maintains the flight inspection data base for all air navigation systems.
Train and complete all programmes in Flight Inspection of air navigation systems
- Execution of flight inspection mission as planned.
- Collects flight inspection data for technical analysis and reporting purposes.
- Adjusts air navigation system parameters to ensure safe operations within the ICAO recommendations.
- Conducts surveillance of aeronautical services and associated instrument flight procedures.
- Co-ordinates with engineering, maintenance and/or operations personnel in the correction of malfunctions noted during the inspection and rechecking of the radio navigational aid in order to ensure that all unsafe conditions are eliminated.
- Makes recommendations for the certification / withdrawal of the operational status of a facility based on the result of the flight inspection to the Senior Flight Inspector
Train in Reporting
- Collates flight inspection data for reporting purposes.
- Compiles accurate flight inspection reports for air navigation systems.
- Archives mission data and reports into respective database. Prescribes the issuance of NOTAMs and Non-compliance reports as a result of flight inspection.
- Compile mission summary reports.
Train and complete all programmes in Flight inspection system.
- Calibrates receivers.
- Maintains and modifies the software and hardware of the CAA Flight Inspection System (FIS) in accordance with ISO, manufacturer’s technical standards, airworthy regulations and the approved Manual of Procedures for flight inspection unit and submits to Manager: Flight Inspection.
Train in Safety and Quality Standards
- Conducts all flight inspection activities in compliance with ICAO, ISO, Airworthy regulations and the approved Manual of Procedures for the Flight Inspection Unit.
- Applies the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS) and ISO standards in order to ensure the facility can support the associated instrument flight procedures.
- Report hazards encountered during a flight inspection of any type Research and recommend standards for development to be applied in the field of flight inspection of navigational aids.
Learn about Technical Support
- Support client’s technological systems upkeep and development via advice and recommendations.
- Respond to client’s special requests relating to technological systems upkeep and development.
Communications and Safety Promotions
- Project a satisfactory image of the FIU to all stakeholders through continuous safety awareness programmes
Requirements: South African Civil Aviation Authority(SACAA) Flight Inspector Traineeships (Midrand)
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- B Tech in Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- 3 years – Air Communication and Navigational Systems Engineer / CNS Inspector
Closing Date: 23 November 2023
All SACAA appointments are subject to S98 of the Civil Aviation Act, 13 of 2009 and all successful candidates will be subjected to security vetting. Employment Equity candidates will be prioritised in line with Employment Equity Plan. If you have not heard from the SACAA 90 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Work Level: Junior. Job Type: Contract. Salary: Market Related. Duration: 1 – 2 Years
EE Position: Yes. Location: Midrand