South African National Parks(SANParks) Internship – Groen Sebenza Phase II Programme 2024
Internship: Groen Sebenza Phase II Programme
The Groen Sebenza Phase II Programme is a bridging into a work programme funded for three years. GS Phase II aims to recruit 1050 unemployed graduates (diploma – PhD level) and place them nationally in different organisations (government and non-governmental) where they will be incubated (trained and mentored) to further develop their competence and confidence in the management of environment/biodiversity.
The programme goals
- Enable workplace-based learning for graduates aimed at building and strengthening their capacity at various levels.
- Creation of job opportunities and possible permanent placement beyond funding.
- Transformation and organisational strengthening – strengthen different organisational development aspects including transformation in its totality, mentoring, proactive skills and planning to better respond to organisational mandates and other national priorities.
- Research informed – through research, develop a ‘live’ skills intelligence system that will enable the sector to proactively plan for skills development and track and trace the utilisation of the developed skills.
SANParks in partnership with The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is pleased to announce a call for applications for incubation in the following fields:
|Location (Where the Intern will be based)
|Biodiversity data management
|Cape Research Centre, Tokai, Cape Town
|Honours Degree in Natural Sciences preferably Biodiversity Conservation
- Must be a SA citizen.
- Young unemployed and *underemployed professionals between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Innovative, dynamic and creative
- A commitment to career development in the environmental/biodiversity sector.
- Must hold the qualifications mentioned in the table above
- Women and People with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
* Underemployed refers to youth employed in any sector other than the one they studied for per the above-listed fields.
- Candidates holding higher qualifications than advertised may apply, however, remuneration is capped as per the minimum requirements advertised.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by the required documentation listed below to the following:
- Email: [email protected]
Applicants must submit an updated CV, copies of their ID and qualifications and a motivational letter, explaining what makes them unique from other applicants and why they would be the ideal candidate for the position under application to [email protected] by 19 January 2024. Please name all attached files starting with your surname.
Closing Date: 19 January 2024