Standard Chartered Bank 2024 Intern – Client Coverage – South Africa
Job: : Business Support, Management & Efficiency
Primary Location: : Africa & Middle East-South Africa-Johannesburg
Schedule: : Full-time
Employee Status: : Fixed Term
Posting Date: : 01/Jan/2024, 1:00:00 AM
Unposting Date: : 30/Apr/2024, 11:59:00 PM
Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking – Client Coverage – Internship
Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking (CCIB) at Standard Chartered Bank gives you the opportunity to be more. You can be more innovative, empowered, and impactful and take your career as far as you want it to go. We’re a place where ambition meets impact, which means you’ll be able to work on challenging projects, learn new skills and make a meaningful difference to the world.
For more than 160 years, we’ve been providing world-class financing, investment, treasury and strategic advisory services to our clients. We’ve supported their growth, where and when it matters most. We’re the preferred banking partner to over 5,000 clients, covering large corporates, financial institutions, governments, small and medium-sized enterprises and investors, facilitating global trade, capital and investment flows for them around the world.
Also check: [x3 DHL South Africa Vacancies – APPLY NOW]
Globally, Client Coverage manages and develops our Client relationships. They work across the global network together with our product partners to deliver working capital, financing, trade, cash and financial markets solutions for our clients. The solutions cover a wide range of products and services from sustainable trade finance to credit derivatives and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory.
About the Internship Programme
Standard Chartered Bank 10-week Internship Programme gives you the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working on real-world problems, hone your skills, create lasting relationships, gain insights, and discover your strengths. Throughout the programme, you’ll acquire the skills for immediate success, as well as understand what’s required for the future as our industry and your career evolve. A strong performance on the programme could lead to a graduate job offer.
What you’ll experience
- A one-day orientation introduces you to the Bank and the interns
- Four days of classroom instruction on our products, our business, and our bankers
- On-the-job training and technical seminars to support your learning
- Performance reviews and support of managers, mentors, and buddies
- Presentations by senior management (speaker series) and engagement with executive management
- Networking within the CCIB business function and across divisions
- Engaging in community service
- Standard Chartered Bank welcomes students from all degree disciplines and encourage students from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Applications are encouraged from team players with strong academic and extracurricular achievements, agile multi-taskers able to handle pressure, and analytical minds with strong numeracy and attention to detail.
- You need to be a penultimate year student, able to intern in June 2024* and start full-time employment in July 2025
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to
- UK and UAE, we consider candidates requiring visa sponsorship for graduate roles. In the UAE, priority is given to UAE nationals
*India internships start April.
About Standard Chartered
Standard Chartered Bank is an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, Standard Chartered Bank has worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And Standard Chartered Bank is on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
Standard Chartered Bank questions the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Standard Chartered Bank purpose is to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion.
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off includes volunteering leave, maternity and parental leave for spouse/partner, compassionate leave, sabbatical leave, along with market competitive annual leave
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global
Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of Standard Chartered Bank roles use assessments to help it understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.