The Groen Sebenza Phase II Programme: Education Internship Opportunity at SANCCOB Gqeberha
The Groen Sebenza Phase II Programme is a bridging into work programme funded for the next three years. GS Phase II aims to recruit 1050 unemployed graduates (diploma – PhD level) and place them nationally in different organisations (government and non-governmental) where they will be incubated (trained and mentored) to further develop their competence and confidence in the management of environment/biodiversity.
The programme goals:
- Enable workplace-based learning for graduates aimed at building and strengthening their capacity at various levels.
- Creation of job opportunities and possible permanent placement beyond funding.
- Transformation and organisational strengthening – strengthen different organisational development aspects including transformation in its totality, mentoring, proactive skills and planning to better respond to organisational mandates and other national priorities.
- Research informed – through research, develop a ‘live’ skills intelligence system that will enable the sector to proactively plan for skills development and track and trace the utilisation of the developed skills.
The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) in partnership with the South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is pleased to announce a call for applications for incubation in the following field:
|Email for Application
|Education and Front of House
|Diploma or Degree in Education or Nature Conservation or Animal related field
|R6 082 – R7 359
|23 November 2023
Send your application, following the requirements below, to SANCCOB Gqeberha’s Education Supervisor via email at [email protected].
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Young, unemployed and *underemployed professionals between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Innovative, dynamic and creative.
- A commitment to career development in the environmental/biodiversity sector.
- Must hold qualifications mentioned in table above.
- Women and People with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
* Underemployed refers to youth employed in any sector other than the one they studied for as per the above listed fields.
Internship monthly stipend values (no other benefits apply as these are internship positions)
Candidates holding higher qualifications than advertised may apply; however, remuneration is capped as per minimum requirements advertised.
- Applicants are required to submit an updated CV, copy of ID and qualifications, and a motivational letter, explaining what makes them unique from other applicants and why they would be the ideal candidate for the position under application.
- Applications to be submitted via the email addresses listed below.
- All applications should clearly indicate the Groen Sebenza internship, which field is being applied for and the location in the subject line of the email. E.g. Groen Sebenza: Education – Gqeberha
SANBI reserves the right not to fill these internships. If no response has been received within 40 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.