Tronox 2024 In-Service Training for South Africans
|In-Service Training: 2024
|South Africa – Namakwa Sands Smelter
Who We Are
Tronox Holdings plc (NYSE: TROX) is the world’s leading integrated manufacturer of titanium dioxide pigment. We mine titanium-bearing mineral sands and operate upgrading facilities that produce high-grade titanium feedstock materials, pig iron and other minerals. With 6,600 employees across six continents, our rich diversity, unmatched vertical integration model, and unparalleled operational and technical expertise across the value chain, position Tronox as the preeminent titanium dioxide producer in the world. Today, with $3.3 billion in annual revenue, we are the second largest in our industry, providing products that add brightness and durability to paints, plastics, paper, and other everyday products.
At Tronox, we believe living our values allows us to create a stronger, more successful company for everyone who works with us. We care deeply about our people, and we seek to attract and retain talented individuals who share our values. These are:
- We have an uncompromising focus on operating safe, reliable and responsible facilities
- We honor our responsibility to create value for stakeholders
- We treat others with respect, and act with personal and organizational integrity
- We build our organization with diverse, talented people who make a positive difference, and we invest in their success
- We are adaptable, decisive, and effective
- We are trustworthy and reliable, and we build mutually rewarding relationships
- We share accountability and have high expectations for ourselves and one another
- We do the right work the right way in every aspect of our business
- We celebrate the joy of working together to accomplish great things
In-Service Training: 2024
As part of development, we hereby invite students from university of technologies to apply for In-service training opportunities and who are studying courses aligned to our business needs. The In-Service offers 12 Months workplace exposure in order to qualify for the National Diploma.
The Following Disciplines will be considered:
B Eng/BSc Degree/BTech Advanced Diploma in:
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Analytical Chemistry
- Instrumentation & Control process
- Mechanical Engineering
How to apply
- Submit a covering letter
- CV (PDF or Word)
- Certified copy of Grade 12 and Certified copy of full academic record
- Proof of residence
- Certified copy of your SA ID
- Confirmation letter from the institution
What you need to qualify:
- Must have completed all S4 subjects.
- Must be a South African Citizen.
- Must be between 18 – 35 years old with no criminal record.
- Should have never embarked on an In-Service Training Opportunity before
- Must be currently unemployed
- A letter from the University of Technology confirming the need for in service training to complete your National Diploma
- Applicants can only apply for one discipline
- Applicants should comply with the minimum entry requirements as prescribed by the relevant university of Technology
- This opportunities are only available to South African citizens
- Nominated applicants will need to go through a selection process (including psychometric assessments, background screening and medical examinations)
- Successful candidates should be willing to be placed at any of Tronox Business Sites
- Applicants from the local communities surrounding the Namakwa Sands sites (Saldanha and Matzikama Municipalities) will be given preference.
By sending your CV and application you agree to:
- The processing of your personal information and sharing it with third parties for verification.
- The exercising of your rights provided for by POPIA.
- To acknowledge that TRONOX (Pty) Ltd will keep the record of your personal information confidential.
*Should you not hear from Tronox within four (4) weeks of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Please note that appointments will be made in accordance with Tronox Employment Equity Policy.