University of Pretoria Post-Doctoral Fellowships
The Graduate School of Technology Management (GSTM) invites Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) PhDs to apply for post-doctoral fellowships. The fellowships are full-time, available for one year, and could be extended based on the fellow’s performance. Available from the 1st of March 2024.
Applicants should have a PhD-degree in the field of application. The research fields that can be applied include:
– Women Entrepreneurship: The postdoc, with a strong background in entrepreneurship, innovation studies, or related disciplines and a track record of publications in high-quality journals, will be involved in comparative women entrepreneurship research and publications (international partners involved).
– Business Intelligence Management and Analytics: The research investigates how business intelligence (BI) functions, such as data analytics and visualization techniques, are integrated into decision support systems (DSS) to enhance organizational decision-making processes.
– Engineering and Asset Management: A research project that explores the connections between Engineering Asset and Maintenance Management and the rapidly growing field of IoT within Industry 4.0. The research will focus on the management of cybersecurity of assets and the maintenance of digital data.
– Operations Management: The research focuses on technology and operations management issues, aiming to propose solutions to problems motivated by real-world practice. It analyses essential decision-making tradeoffs and offers managerial insights using formalized quantitative models. Special emphasis is placed on continuous improvement of operations and its link with quality.
– Protobuilding: This interdisciplinary Protobuilding Programme initiative focuses on an annual cycle of designing and constructing sustainable timber structures. Addressing a complex problem, the program aims to develop guidelines for an optimal process to manage this innovation.
– Project Management: At the GSTM, projects are studied horizontally across the complete lifecycle, from initiation to closure, and vertically from governance at strategic level to administration at support level in various industries.
– Project Management & AI: Join our Project Management research team and contribute to important findings on the influence of artificial intelligence on project management maturity and the project management office.
How To Apply
Applicants can send their CV and a one-page motivation to:
Closing date: 18 Feb 2024
Follow SA Youths on Social Media Channels To Receive Daily Opportunities