What to do if NSFAS reject your application for financial aid?
Who can appeal?
A student whose application for financial aid is rejected, or the financial aid for a continuing student is withdrawn , may lodge an appeal with the NSFAS.
- The appeal decisions are subject to budget availability.
- Appeals will only be considered for students who has applied to NSFAS for Financial Aid.
Who cannot appeal?
Students are not permitted to appeal if they:
- Are registered for a qualification that NSFAS does not fund;
- They have reached N+2 (or N+3 in the case of students with disabilities).
- The student is a gap year student who NSFAS previously denied financial aid to because s/he did not meet the academic eligibility criteria.
- The institution has not submitted their registration record to NSFAS or has submitted an incorrect registration record such enquiries should be directed to the institution.